Cheesy Mushroom Phyllo Tartlets (#1356)
Desserts Pies Main Vegetarian
Share This Recipe
- 15 sheets Phyllo (Filo) Pastry Sheets thawed
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 large Onions chopped
- 1 pound Mushrooms sliced, cremini or button
- 1/2 tsp Thyme freshly chopped, or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper to taste
- 1 1/4 cups Sour Cream
- 2 large Eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Jalapeño Pepper seeded and finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Jalapeño Pepper pickled, finely chopped, optional
- 1 Tbsp Jalapeno Pickling Liquid optional
- 1/2 Tbsp Red Hot Pepper Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 °f.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium high heat until hot.
- Add onions, stirring often, and cook for about 5 minutes until soft and start becoming brown.
- Stir in mushrooms, and cook for another 6 to 8 minutes, until moisture of mushrooms has released and evaporated and mushrooms are brown.
- Add thyme and minced garlic, stirring constantly for 30 to seconds, remove from heat.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Whisk together eggs and sour cream in a bowl.
- Mix in cheese, freshly minced jalapenos, pickled jalapenos and liquid if using, and red hot pepper sauce until well combined.
- Season with a little salt and black pepper.
- At this stage, you need 6 4-inch tartlets or 1 9-inch tart pan with removable botom.
- Unroll phyllo sheets, if using tartlets, take 5 sheets out once.
- Cut 5 sheets into half.
- Brush each sheet with a little bit melted butter or olive oil.
- Line it into tartlet, repeat until 5 halved sheets are used up.
- Tack overhanging phyllo inside tartlet and shape it around edge to make a pie-like crust.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of sautéed mushrooms over phyllo dough.
- Add about 3 to 4 tablespoons of egg-sour cream mixture over the top of the mushrooms.
- Repeat until six tartlets are all done.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until nicely browned on top and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the rings around tartlets, and serve warm.
- If using a 9-inch tart pan, brush each phyllo sheet with melted butter or oil.
- Line it into pan, repeat until all of phyllo pastries have been used up.
- Tack overhanging pastries inside pan around edges to form a crust.
- Spread all mushroom mixture evenly over pasty.
- Place egg-sour cream mixture over mushroom.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or or until nicely browned on top and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes, slice into wedges and serve warm.