Raspberry Pudding Cake (#1353)
Cakes Desserts Puddings
Share This Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds Raspberries, Frozen
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter or half butter and half canola or olive oil
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour or half whole wheat and half white flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Thaw and drain the raspberries, reserving the juice.
- Add enough water to the juice to make 3/4 to 1 cup.
- Well grease an eight inch square metal baking pan. Set aside.
- Toss the raspberries with 1/4 cup of sugar in a large bowl and set aside.
- Cream butter with 3/4 cup sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla extract.
- In another bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and the salt.
- Mix 1/3 of the flour mixture with the butter and sugar, then mix in 1/3 of the milk. Do this 3 times until well blended.
- Preheat the oven to 350° f (180° c).
- Add the raspberries to the prepared baking dish then the cake mixture on top, smoothing out with a spatula.
- Boil the reserved raspberry juice with the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar in a small saucepan, then pour over top of the cake.
- Bake at 350° f (180° c) f approximately 50 minutes until bubbly and the cake is firm to the touch.
- Let cool slightly before serving.