Asparagus with Mushrooms and Fresh Coriander (#1350)
Side Low Fat Vegetarian
Share This Recipe
- 1 pound Asparagus fresh
- 2 tablespoons Butter or olive oil
- 1/2 pound Mushrooms sliced (2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons Shallots chopped
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Black Pepper freshly ground
- 4 tablespoons Cilantro chopped, fresh
- Trim off tough part of asparagus stalk, about 2 to 3 inches from bottom.
- Use a vegetable peeler to scrap asgaragus to about 1 inch from top.
- Cut asparagus on diagonal into 1 inch pieces.
- Melt butter in a non stick frying pan.
- Add mushrooms and cook over high heat, tossing and shaking, until mushrooms are lightly browned.
- Add asparagus. Cook, stirring and tossing for about 1 minute.
- Add shallots, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with coriander. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Serve warm.