Mushroom, Spinach and Cheese Omelette (#1348)
Share This Recipe
- 1 tsp Vegetable Oil or butter
- 1 small Shallots finely chopped, or half of the red onions
- 2 cloves Garlic minced, or mashed
- 1 cup Mushrooms cremini or white, sliced, rinsed and dried, stems trimmed off
- 3 large Eggs lightly beaten
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Swiss Cheese grated
- 1 Parsley Leaves freshly chopped, optional
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon of oil or butter in on-skillet in medium heat until hot.
- Add shallots or red onion and garlic, sauté 2 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms, cook and stir often for about 10 minutes, until mushrooms has released most of the juice.
- Stir in spinach, cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Wipe out the skillet, heat the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of oil in medium-high heat until hot.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and cook over medium flame.
- Lift edges of the skillet to allow raw egg mixture to flow underneath and cook.
- When the egg is about half set, spread mushroom-spinach mixture evenly and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Fold the egg over to enclose the filling and cook to desired doneness.
- Slide onto a serving platter.
- Sprinkle parsley leaves if desired.
- Serve warm.