Baked Creamy Rice Pudding (#1346)
Share This Recipe
- 1/2 cup Arborio (Short-Grain) Rice sushi rice (sticky rice)
- 4 cups Milk
- 1 Vanilla Bean cut into half lengthwise, and the seeds scaped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Lemon zested
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Butter chilled and cut into small chunks
- 1 Tbsp Turbinado Sugar or sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 325° f (160° c) degrees.
- Add the rice into a square baking dish (or similar capacity baking dish) that has been placed onto a baking sheet.
- Whisk together the milk, vanilla bean and seeds, sugar and lemon zest until well combined.
- Pour over the rice and stir until well mixed.
- Cover the top with a large piece of tin-foil.
- Bake the rice pudding for 60 minutes.
- Remove the foil and let bake for another 30 minutes.
- Place the butter pieces over the partially baked pudding.
- Sprinkle the sugar.
- Continue baking for another 15 to 20 minutes until the top becomes slightly golden.
- Cool for a few minutes, and serve warm.