Stephen Lee's Zucchini-Pesto Muffins (#1345)
Share This Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 large Eggs
- 2 large Egg Whites
- 2/3 cup Skim Milk
- 1/3 cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Zucchini unpeeled, shredded
- 3 tablespoons Basil
- 1 tsp Garlic minced
- 1/3 cup Romano Cheese freshly grated
- 1/2 cup Pine Nuts
- Set oven to 425° f (220° c).
- Grease 12-cup muffin pan, or spray coat, or use paper liners.
- In a big bowl, sift the flours, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg, egg whites, milk, and oil until well blended.
- Add the small bowl's egg mixture to big bowl's flour.
- Stir in the zucchini, basil, garlic, cheese, and pine nuts.
- Fill each muffin cup full of batter.
- Bake until the muffins are golden brown and spring back when touched lightly, about 20 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing from the pan, then serve at once.
- Add a pinch of ground coriander or nutmeg.