Curried Potato, Edamame and Lentil Soup (#1344)
Soups Vegetarian Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic freshly minced
- 1/2 inch Ginger freshly grated, about 1 teaspoon
- 3 Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions thinly sliced
- 2 medium Carrots peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch thick
- 2 Celery Stalks sliced
- 2 Potatoes about 1 1/2 cups, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 3 1/2 cups Stock vegetable or any stock
- 1/2 cup Beans soy beans (edamame), fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup Lentils green or red, cooked or canned
- 1 tsp Curry Powder or to taste, depending on how spicy it is
- 1 Tbsp Miso Paste soy bean paste, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons Ketchup or to taste
- In a large saucepan or a dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add garlic, ginger and scallions, stirring constantly, and cook for about 1 minute until very fragrant.
- Add carrots, celeries, and potatoes, stirring once a while, and cook until vegetables are browned, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in curry powder, miso paste and ketchup to taste until vegetables are well coated.
- Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes until aromatic.
- Pour broth into pot, bring soup to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low or low, simmer for about 25 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in edamame and lentils at last 10 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning if needed.
- Let cool for a few minutes and serve hot with rice or bread.