Mushroom Cashew Bisque (#1335)
Soups Side Low Fat Vegetarian Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 1/2 cup Cashew Nuts raw
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/3 cup Shiitake Mushrooms dried
- 6 cups Vegetable Stock or water, hot
- 1 cup Onions diced
- 1 cup Carrots diced
- 1/2 cup Celery diced
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Garlic minced
- 4 cups Mushrooms fresh, chopped
- 1 tsp Sherry Wine
- 1 Bay Leaves
- 1 pinch Black Pepper
- 3 tablespoons Tamari Soy Sauce low sodium
- 1/3 cup Parsley Leaves fresh, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons Cashew Butter
- To make cashew creme: Purée cashews and 1/4 cup water in blender or food processor.
- Slowly add another 1/4 cup water to make a smooth creme.
- To make bisque: Rince and soak dried mushrooms in one cup hot stock tomake broth. Drain and reserve liquid. Finely chop rehydrated mushrooms and set aside.
- Sauté onions, carrots and celery in olive and sesame oils over medium heat until lightly browned.
- Add garlic, fresh and rehydrated mushrooms and 4 tablespoon reserved mushroom liquid. Continue tocook until mushrooms are soft, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add sherry, bay leaf, pepper, soy sauce, parsley, remaining mushroom liquid and water. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, reserve 2 cups liquid and cool to room temperature.
- Whisk together flour and reserved liquid until smooth.
- Bring soup back to simmer and stir in flour mixture, cashew butter and cashew creme. Heat for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.