Brussel Sprouts (#1329)
Share This Recipe
- 12 medium Brussels Sprouts fresh
- 1/2 Tbsp Butter or margarine
- 1/8 tsp White Pepper
- Wash brussel sprouts and discard discolored leaves. Cut a small about off of each stem (not so much that the leaves separate).
- Some think cutting and x in the bottom of each brussel sprout helps with cooking however testing indicates that it makes little to no difference so skip it and same yourself the added time.
- Add sprouts to a pot with about 1/4 cup of water. Shallow poaching is the key.
- Cover and heat to boiling, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes up to 10 minutes or until tender. Do not overcook, the sprouts will continue to cook after removing from the heat.
- Drain in a colander cool slightly. Slice in half vertically.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until browned.
- Pour over brussel sprouts; toss gently to coat.
- Sprinkle with fresh ground black pepper if desired.