No Fuss Tuna Quiche (#1319)
Fish Seafood Tuna Main
Share This Recipe
- 1 Pie Shell (9 Inch) unbaked
- 1 1/2 cups Low-Fat Milk
- 3 large Eggs
- 1/3 cup Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions chopped
- 1 Tbsp Pimentos chopped and drained
- 1 tsp Basil crushed
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 6 1/2 oz Canned Tuna drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese low-fat, shredded
- 8 Broccoli Florets
- Preheat oven to 450f.
- Bake pastry shell for 5 minutes; remove to rack to cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325° f (160° c).
- For filling, in a bowl whisk together milk and eggs.
- Stir in onions, pimiento, basil and salt.
- Fold in tuna and cheese. Pour into prebaked pastry shell.
- Bake at 325 for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan steam broccoli spears over simmering water for 5 minutes.
- Drain; set aside.
- After 30 minutes, arrange broccoli spears, spoke-fashion, over quiche.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted 2" from center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Cut into 8 wedges, centering a broccoli spear in each wedge.