Mushroom, Tomato, Basil Frittata (#1318)
Salads Side Low Fat Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 1/2 medium Onions minced
- 3 medium Garlic Cloves pressed
- 1 Tbsp Low Salt Chicken Broth
- 1 Tbsp Low Salt Chicken Broth divided
- 1 cup Mushrooms thinly sliced crimini
- 1/2 medium Tomatoes seeds removed, and diced
- 3 large Eggs
- 3 tablespoons Basil chopped fresh
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper to taste
- Mince onions and press garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to bring out their hidden health benefits.
- Heat 1 tablespoon broth in a 10-inch stainless steel skillet.
- Healthy sauté onion over medium low heat 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic, mushrooms and continue to sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon broth, tomato, salt, pepper and cook for another minute.
- Stir well, and gently scrape pan with a wooden spoon to remove any slight burning.
- Beat eggs well, and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix in chopped basil.
- Pour eggs over vegetables evenly and turn heat to low.
- Cover and cook for about 5 minutes, or until firm.
- Cut into wedges and serve.