Apple Blueberry Crumble Pie (#1315)
Share This Recipe
- 2/3 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup Butter cubed
- 1/3 cup Cream Cheese in pieces
- 1 Tbsp Sugar granulated
- 4 large Apples peeled, cored, any tart apple
- 1 1/2 cups Blueberries fresh
- 1/2 cup Sugar granulated
- 1/3 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Bread Crumbs dry
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar brown, packed
- 1/2 cup Butter cubed
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- For pastry: Place flour, butter, cream cheese and sugar in bowl of food processor; process 15 to 20 seconds or until dough forms soft ball on blade.
- Gather into a ball; flatten into disk, if necessary, wrap and chill until firm enough to roll.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Line 9 inch pie plate with dough. Trim edges.
- Chill while preparing filling.
- For filling: Toss apples and blueberries in bowl with sugar, flour and cinnamon until evenly coated.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs over bottom of pie shell; fill with fruit mixture, mounded in centre.
- For crumble: Combine flour, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon in food processor.
- Pat crumble mixture evenly over filling.
- Bake in 400° f (200° c) oven about 20 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350° f (180° c) f, continue baking pie for another 40 minutes or until apples are tender and juices are bubbling, shielding with foil if necessary.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, or chilled.