Greek Easter Cookies (#1312)
Cookies Desserts Easter
Share This Recipe
- 2 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Butter softened
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Brandy or milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg Yolks
- 1 Tbsp Milk beaten in with the egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons Sesame Seeds
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine butter and sugar, beating until fluffy.
- Add egg, brandy, vanilla and beat well after each addition.
- Add flour mixture 1 cup at a time blending will after each addition.
- Roll 1 teaspoon of dough on a lightly floured surface into a 6 inch rope, fold in half and twist 2 or 3 times, pinch ends together.
- Place 1 inch apart on 3 greased cookie sheets.
- Brush with egg/milk mixture.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake 10 to 13 minutes in a preheated 375° f (190° c) oven until golden.
- Cool on rack. Store in an air tight container at room temperature.