Mâche and Chicken Salad with Honey Tahini Dressing (#1308)
Salads Chicken Side
Share This Recipe
For The Dressing
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice
- 1/3 cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Tahini (Sesame Paste)
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Black Pepper freshly ground to taste
For The Salad
- 1 pound Red Skinned Potatoes new
- 1 pound Chicken Tenders
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 pinch Salt divided
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper freshly ground
- 1 Tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 small Garlic Cloves
- 4 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 cup Baby Peas shelled English or thawed frozen peas
- 1 Tbsp Shallots finely chopped
- To prepare dressing:
- Combine lemon juice, 1/3 cup oil, tahini, honey and minced garlic in a blender, a jar with a tight-fitting lid or a medium bowl.
- Blend, shake or whisk until smooth.
- Season with 1 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- To prepare salad:
- Place a steamer basket in a large saucepan, add 1 inch of water and bring to a boil.
- Put potatoes in the basket and steam until barely tender when pierced with a skewer, 15 to 20 minutes, depending on size.
- When cool enough to handle, slice or quarter.
- Meanwhile, toss chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a clean cutting board to cool.
- Shred into bite-size pieces.
- Season a wooden salad bowl by rubbing with 1/2 clove garlic and a pinch of salt.
- Chop the garlic and add to the bowl along with the potatoes and mâche (or spinach).
- Pour 1/2 cup dressing over the potatoes and greens; gently toss to coat.
- (cover and refrigerate the remaining 3/4 cup dressing for up to 3 days.)
- Add peas, shallot and the shredded chicken; gently toss and serve.