Homemade Mat Shaped Bread (#1305)
Share This Recipe
- 200 grams Bread Flour
- 4 grams Active Dry Yeast
- 20 grams Sugar
- 100 ml Water
- 1/2 tsp Salt To Taste
- 1 whole Eggs divided,, beaten
- 20 grams Butter Melted
- This recipe will have enough dough to make 2 mat breads.
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, yeast, sugar, and salt. Mix 1 minute. Next add water and half of the beaten egg. Mix. Add butter and combine. Knead by hand until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
- Cover the dough and let rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes. After that, punch the dough down and make a round ball and allow to rise for 10 minutes longer.
- Now take the ball and roll out with a rolling pin until you get a large square that is about 1/8 inch thick.
- Cut the dough into strips – 1/2 inch width. Split the dough strips into two piles so you know how many to use for each loaf.
- Weave your lattice design on a greased and floured baking tray. You are shooting for a mat size of 8 x 8 inches. Trim any excess dough. See picture.
- Place the last four 1/2 inch width long strips around the edge of the dough mat. Place the mat dough in a draft free place and allow to rise for 35 minutes.
- Next brush the remaining beaten egg over the mats.
- Bake at 200 cup for 20 minutes or until golden brown. I’ve done in the photo above.
- Serve with butter, jam or your favourite.
- See my website
- Www. Recipesrilanka. Blogspot. Com
- Www. Stellarecipe. Webs. Com