Arugula Salad Warm Goat Cheese with Black Olive Vinaigrette (#1302)
Salads Side Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 1/4 cup Bread Cubes, Dry plain
- 2 1/4 tsp Thyme freshly minced
- 2 1/4 tsp Rosemary Leaves freshly minced
- 4 oz Goat (Chevre) Cheese 1 small log, cut into 6 equal rounds
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 5 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 small Garlic Cloves freshly minced or pressed, or 1 medium
- 3 tablespoons White Wine Vinegar red or white
- 1/3 cup Black Olives up to 1/2 cup, oil-cured, pitted and finely chopped
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper to taste
- 8 cups Arugula (Roquette) baby arugula, loosely packed, 4 large bunches
- 3 cups Radicchio washed, dried, and leaves torn into bite-size pieces, 1 medium
- Positon the rack to the center of the oven, then preheat the oven to 375° f (190° c).
- Add the bread crumbs and 1 teaspoon each of the thyme and rosemary to a shallow plate, and toss until evenly mixed.
- Brush 2 tablespoons of olive oil all over the goat cheese rounds and gently press both sides and edges into the bread crumb mixture to coat evenly with bread crumb mixture (this step can be finished up to 1 hour before serving and chilled on a baking sheet in the fridge until ready to bake).
- Add the garlic, vinegar, olives, remaining thyme and rosemary, salt, and black pepper to taste into a small bowl, and whisk until well blended.
- Slowly pour in 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil and whisk until well mixed, set aside.
- Just before serving, bake the prepared goat cheese rounds in the preheated oven until warmed up and a few brown spots appear, about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir the vinaigrette again, in a large bowl toss the arugula and radicchio with the vinaigrette until evenly coated.
- Divide the mixed greens among 6 serving plates.
- Place one warm goat cheese round on top of each salad.
- Serve and enjoy.