Koushry (Rice & Lentils) (#1299)
Share This Recipe
- 1 cup Lentils dark
- 1 cup Rice long-grain
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 Onions chopped
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- Put lentils & rice in separate pots.
- Pour enough boiling water over the lentils to cover them.
- Add 1 1/2 cup boiling water to rice.
- Simmer both pots, covered, over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Drain & combine in one large pot.
- Add salt & another 1/2 cup water.
- Cover & simmer 15 to 20 minutes until both rice & lentils are tender.
- Meanwhile, fry the onions in oil until golden.
- Stir them into the rice before serving.