Huevos Revueltos a la Mexicana (Mexican Scrambled Eggs) (#1293)
Share This Recipe
- 6 extra large Eggs
- 1 Sea Salt to taste
- 4 tablespoons Lard melted; or safflower oil
- 1 cup Tomatoes chopped, unpeeled
- 3 tablespoons White Onion chopped
- 4 Serrano Chiles chopped
- This is the simplest and most popular way of cooking eggs in the mexican manner.
- Break the eggs into a bowl and just mix (do not beat) with the salt.
- Heat the lard in a large frying pan.
- Add the tomatoes, onions, and fresh chiles, stir well, and fry over medium heat, stirring from time to time, for about 3 to 4 minutes or until most of the juice has been absorbed.
- Stir in the eggs and continue stirring and turning them over until the eggs are set - about 4 minutes.
- Serve immediately with corn tortillas.
- Serve with cilantro as a garnish and red hot pepper sauce to taste!