Lobster Newburg (#1289)
Casseroles French Lobster Seafood
Share This Recipe
- 6 tablespoons Butter
- 1 1/2 cups Light Cream (Half&Half)
- 1/2 pound Lobster Meat
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Paprika
- 2 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 3 Egg Yolks beaten
- 3 tablespoons Sherry dry
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Pie Shell (9 Inch) or toast cups
- Melt butter in skillet and blend in flour.
- Add cream all at once.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens and bubbles.
- Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks, return to hot mixture; cook, stirring, constantly, until mixture thickens.
- Add lobster; heat.
- Add wine, lemon juice, and salt. Sprinkle with paprika. Serve in pastry shells or toast cups.