Greek Mac and Cheese Salad (#1288)
Pastas Salads Greek Main Side Low Fat Vegetarian
Share This Recipe
- 8 oz Elbow Macaroni whole wheat, or more as needed
- 1/4 cup Sundried Tomatoes plus 2 tablespoons oil from the jar
- 1/4 cup Mushrooms, Marinated drained and sliced if too big, plus 1 tablespoon marinade
- 1/4 cup Artichoke Hearts marinated, drained, sliced if too big, plus 1 tablespoon marinade
- 1/4 cup Green Olives or black, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup English Cucumber peeled and diced
- 1 cup Sweet Red Bell Peppers diced
- 1/4 cup Red Onion peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper to taste
- 8 cups Mixed Salad Greens or arugula, or any your favorite greens
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese crumbled
Dressing For The Greens
- 1/2 Tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 clove Garlic 1 small clove, minced
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil.
- Boil the pasta for 10 to 12 minutes or until desired consistency.
- Drain well, return the pasta to the pot.
- Add the remaining ingredients except mixed greens, feta cheese, and the dressing for greens into the pot, and gently toss until well coated and evenly combined.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Gently toss the greens with olive oil, dijon mustard, garlic, salt and black pepper to taste.
- Divide the greens among the serving plates, top with pasta mixture.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese and serve.
- Note: The pasta salad can be made in advance, keep in an air-tight container, and put in the refrigerator until ready to serve.