Potato, Carrot and Bell Pepper Stir-Fry (#1287)
Chinese Low Fat Vegetarian
Share This Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic freshly minced
- 1/2 inch Ginger freshly chopped
- 2 Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions sliced
- 1 Russet Potatoes cut into 1/4-inch , about 8 ounces, run under cold water for a few times
- 1 Carrots cut into 1/4-inch matchsticks
- 1/2 Green Bell Peppers cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 Sweet Red Bell Peppers cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons Tamari Soy Sauce or to taste
- 1 Tbsp Rice Vinegar or to taste
- 1 Tbsp Sugar or to taste
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 Red Pepper Flakes to taste, optional
- 1/2 tsp Sesame Oil
- Heat the oil in a wok or a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add the garlic, ginger and scallions, stirring frequently, and cook for about 1 minute, until very fragrant.
- Stir in potato and carrot, and cook for about 8 minutes until soft but still a bit crispy.
- Add the bell peppers, stirring often, and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes, until the bell peppers become tender-crispy.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, whisk together all the sauce ingredients until well mixed.
- Pour the sauce over the veggies, and stir well.
- Cook for another 1 to 2 minutes until hot.
- Remove from the heat, and serve hot over the rice.
- Note: The potatoes should be soft but still have a bit crunchiness in it.
- Running the potatoes under the cold water can get rid of more starch from the potatoes, which makes the potato taste a bit crispy later.
- You can also add some cooked pork strips, beef strips, or shredded chicken into the dish, it's absolutely delicious.