Lunar Rhubarb Cake (#1286)
Share This Recipe
- 1/2 cup Canola Oil or butter,softened
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1 large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 4 cups Rhubarb chopped,tossed in 1 tbls.flour
- 1/4 cup Butter cold cut into small pieces
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350° f (180° c).
- Combine brown sugar and cinnamon;cut in butter until small pieces remain. Set aside.
- For cake:
- Cream oil (or butter)and sugar; beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk until well blended.
- Gently stir in floured rhubarb.
- Spoon into a greased 13 inch by 9 inch by 2 inch baking pan. A 9 inch square pan will work equally as well.
- Spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with topping mixture.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack before cutting.
- Refrigerate leftovers.