“Grandma’s” Gingerbread Cut-Out Cookies (#1283)
Cookies Desserts Snacks Christmas
Share This Recipe
- 1/4 cup Water boiling
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar packed
- 1/2 cup Molasses
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour sifted
- 1 Tbsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1/2 Tbsp Ginger ground
- 1/2 Tbsp Nutmeg
- 1/8 Tbsp Cloves
- Place the butter in a medium mixing bowl.
- Pour boiling water over the butter.
- Allow the butter to melt.
- Add the brown sugar and molasses, mixing well.
- Sift the dry ingredients together.
- Add to the molasses mixture, stirring until completely blended. Chill. (chilling overnight allows the seasonings to blend. Wrap in plastic wrap to do this.)
- Roll out dough on floured board to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Cut with cookie cutters. Place on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated 375-degree oven for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the cookie sheet and cool on a rack.
- Frost and decorate as desired. Yield: About 4 dozen cookies depending on the size of the cutter.
- (original recipe is from christmas cookies, wisconsin electric power company (1961).