Herring Canapés with Horseradish Cream (#1280)
Share This Recipe
- 1 whole Herring, Pickled 12 oz Jar Marinated Herring in Wine Sauce (try Ma Baensch Marinated Herring in Wine Sauce)
- 6 tablespoons Cream Cheese softened
- 1 Tbsp Horseradish prepared, without liquid
- 1 cup Potatoes cooked and diced in 1/4” cubes (may used canned, drained and diced)
- 2 tablespoons Dill Weed, Fresh snipped into small pieces with a scissors
- 10 slices Party Rye Bread 2” x 2” x 1/4"
- Remove 20 pieces of the ma baensch marinated herring in wine sauce and pat dry, removing any onion pieces. Place on plate and refrigerate until assembly
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and horseradish, set aside.
- In another small bowl, toss diced potatoes with 1 tablespoon fresh dill.
- To assemble - spread a thin layer of horseradish mixture onto a slice of the bread.
- Next layer approximately 2 teaspoon of the potato mixture and top with an even layer of herring (two pieces).
- Garnish with a small dollop of the cream cheese mixture in center of canapé, and top with a small amount of the fresh dill.
- Repeat with remaining nine slices. The canapés may be made in advance and kept delicately covered and chilled.