Cheesy Chicken, Rice and Broccoli Casserole (#1279)
Casseroles American Chicken Main
Share This Recipe
- 2 pounds Broccoli Florets and cooked
- 4 cups Rice cooked
- 1/4 cup Butter or substitute
- 1 large Onions chopped
- 2 cups Celery chopped, one bunch
- 1 pound Mushrooms chopped
- 1 Black Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder or to taste
- 10 1/2 oz Cream Of Mushroom Soup one can
- 10 1/2 oz Cream Of Chicken Soup one can
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 10 oz Velveeta Cheese one jar
- 8 oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese Spread
- 1 Chicken cut up
- 1 Garlic Salt optional
- **this recipe requires a very large pot such as a dutch oven.
- Cook the broccoli and rice separately.
- Set aside.
- In a large pot, melt the butter and sauté the onions, mushrooms and celery until tender, but not brown. Season with black pepper and garlic powder.
- Mix soups together and add to the the onion, celery, mushroom mixture.
- Add 1/2 of a soup can of milk.
- Add the cheese and mix well.
- Add rice and broccoli and mix well.
- Layer cut up chicken on top. For more flavor you may optionally brown the chicken on all sides before layering.
- Cover and cook at 350° f (180° c) f for about 1 hour or until chicken is cooked through.