Millet Casserole (#1277)
Share This Recipe
- 3 cups Millet
- 1 tsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 medium Onions thinly sliced
- 3 Celery thinly sliced
- 1 cup Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans) cooked
- 5 cups Water
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 cups Broccoli Florets chopped
- Rinse and drain millet.
- Dry roast millet in a heavy skillet for 6 minutes, stirring constantly, until the millet gives off a nut-like fragrance.
- Remove from heat.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and sauté onions for 2 minutes.
- Add celery and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring often. Add chickpeas, water and salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in millet and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Then add broccoli and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- While mixture is hot, press firmly into a 9 inch cake pan; or serve as is.
- Sprinkle with garnish, cut into squares and serve.
- Per serving: 228 calories, 8 g protein, 227 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrates, 4 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 57 mg calcium.