Olive Rice Salad (#1276)
Share This Recipe
- 2 cups Water lightly salted
- 3/4 cups Brown Rice
- 1 cup Corn cooked
- 1/3 cup Black Olives chopped
- 1/3 cup Green Olives chopped
- 1 Sweet Red Bell Peppers red pepper, finely diced
- 1 1/2 cup Cabbage finely shredded
- 2 Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions chopped
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Lemon juiced
- 1 Black Pepper freshly ground
- Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan. Stir in the rice, return to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer, covered, until the water is absorbed, about 35 minutes. Fluff the rice with a fork, then let it cool completely.
- Combine the rice with the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl and toss together thoroughly. Pack in a securely lidded plastic container to transport (to picnics).