Homemade Italian Sausage (#1273)
Italian Pork Sausage Main
Share This Recipe
- 2 pounds Pork Shoulder well-marbled, medium ground
- 2/3 cup Parmesan Cheese freshly grated
- 1/2 cup Italian Parsley well packed
- 1/4 cup White Wine dry
- 1 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 Tbsp Basil crumbled
- 1 tsp Red Chili Peppers hot, minced
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Oregano dried, crumbled
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper freshly ground
- 1 Sausage Casing prepared
- Grind the pork butt med to fine. Mix all ingredients together in large bowl.
- Using sausage stuffer, fill casings twisting off 8 inch links.
- Tie and cut. Hang in cool spot until dry, 12 to 14 hours.
- To cook: Prick skin good so they will not burst, put in 1/2 inch of water in large skillet and plate as many sausages that will fit without crowding and cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Pour off liquid and brown on all sides until golden brown.