Double Chocolate Zucchini Walnut Cookies (#1271)
Chocolate Cookies Desserts
Share This Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups Whole Wheat Flour or all purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter melted
- 3 tablespoons Canola Oil or (light) olive oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 large Eggs
- 1 cup Zucchini shreded
- 1/2 cup Walnuts chopped
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips (Semi-Sweet)
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar for rolling
- Preheat the oven to 350° f (180° c).
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and cocoa powder, and whisk well.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the melted butter, oil, vanilla extract, both of the sugars and egg until well blended.
- Stir in the zucchini with a wooden spatular until well mixed.
- Pour the zucchini mixture into the flour mixture, and stir until just incorporated and moistened.
- Stir in the walnuts and chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Roll about 1 heaping tablespoonful of the dough into a small ball.
- Place the powdered sugar onto a plate.
- Roll each ball in the powdered sugar.
- Place the cookies balls about 1-inch apart on the baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until the top cracks, and the cookies have set.
- Let cool on the sheets on a wire rack for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies onto the wire rack to cool completely.