Thanksgiving Pumpkin Caramel Cake (#1269)
Cakes Desserts Christmas Holidays
Share This Recipe
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 13.5 oz All-Purpose Flour sifted
- 4 oz Butter
- 8 oz Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Salt only if you use unsalted butter
- 4 large Eggs large
- 2/3 cup Milk
- 9 oz Pumpkin Purée (Canned) ore home made pure`
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 5 oz Powdered Sugar sifted
- 3/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream wipped
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3.5 oz Walnuts
- 12 Caramels (Candy Squares) large
- 2/3 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- With mixer still on lowest speed, ad the eggs one at the time, fully incorporated after eash addition.
- Line 2 x 9" round cake pans.
- Add the dry mixture alternately with the liquid mixture in 3 additions eash, starting with dry mixture.
- Stop mixer and scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Mix in hig speed for a few seconds. Add pumpkin purée and fold gently in with a rubber spatula.
- Divide the batter equally between the 2 pans.
- Preheat oven to 350° f (180° c) 30 to 35 minutes in the lower posotion in the oven.
- To make the filling
- Whip heavy cream with 1 tablespoon powder sugar, and set a side.
- Cream together cream cheese, rest of powder sugar and punpkin pie spice, fold in the wipped cream gently.
- Next fold gently in pumpkin puree.
- To make the caramell sauce:
- In a saucepan heat half of the heavy cream, melt in the caramel fudges.
- Add more heavy cream until you get the consistency you want.