Mini Holiday Pumpkin Pecan Tarts (#1265)
Desserts Nuts Tarts Christmas Holidays
Share This Recipe
For The Dough
- 1/4 cup Pecans
- 4 tablespoons Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour plus more for shaping dough
- 4 tablespoons Butter cold
- 2 tablespoons Canola Oil
- 2 tablespoons Water ice cold, plus more as needed
For The Filling
- 1 large Eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup Dark Corn Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Purée (Canned) puree, filling
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Pecans chopped and plus 24 halves for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350° f (180° c).
- Coat mini muffin tins with cooking spray or grease with butter.
- To make the dough:
- In a food processor, pulse pecans with the sugar, salt, and flour, until the nuts are ground and the ingredients are mixed together.
- Put in butter and pulse until dough resembles coarse meal.
- Slowly pour in ice water through the feed tube, pulsing, until the dough comes together.
- Transfer onto clean work surface or cutting board sprinkled with flour.
- Form dough into a ball and divide evenly into 24 pieces.
- Roll each piece into a ball and evenly press into each cup, until the bottom is covered. If the dough is sticky, coat your finger with flour first.
- Bake 16 to 19 minutes, until the crusts are very golden.
- Check often to ensure they don't turn too brown.
- At the same time, to make the filling:
- In a medium bowl, stir the egg and yolk with the corn syrup, sugar, pumpkin filling and vanilla.
- Mix the chopped pecans.
- Remove dough from oven and spoon 1 tablespoon of the filling into each cup.
- Top each with 1 whole pecan half.
- Return the pans back to the oven and continue to bake, for about 15 minutes more, until the pumpkin filling is set.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Remove mini tarts from the tins.
- Serve or store in an air-tight container.