Beer Bread 3 (#1264)
Share This Recipe
- 3 cups Self-Rising Flour self-rising
- 3 tablespoons Sugar granulated
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Basil
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 12 oz Beer at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Shortening
- 3 Tbsp Cornmeal
- 2 Tbsp Butter or margarine , soft
- In large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cheese and dried herbs. Mix well.
- Stir in the room temperature beer. It will produce a stiff batter.
- Preheat oven to 325f .
- Grease a large loaf pan with the shortening, sprinkle bottom and sides with cornmeal.
- Turn batter into pan. Bake at 325° f (160° c) for about one hour.
- Brush baked loaf with softened butter and sprinkle with additional cornmeal if desired.
- Turn out and cool on rack.