Baby Chicks Cupcakes-Easter (#1263)
Cakes Desserts Easter
Share This Recipe
- 18 oz Cake Mix yellow or white, 1 box
Frosting And Decoration
- 2 1/2 cups Shredded Desiccated Coconut sweetened
- 1 Food Coloring yellow liquid, as needed
- 8 oz Vanilla Frosting 1 container
- 48 M&M's brown, prefer mini ones, or you can use regular size, they work well too
- 24 Gumdrops orange
- Preheat oven to 350°f.
- Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
- Make cake mix as directed on box, using water, oil and eggs.
- Divide batter among muffin cups.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- Cool in pans 8 to 10 minutes or until you can handle them, remove from pans to cooling racks.
- Cool completely, about 25 minutes.
- Place coconut in a big size zip lock bag.
- Add about 8 drops yellow liquid food color, seal bag and shake to mix until coconut flakes all turn into yellow evenly, transfer yellow coconut into a small bowl.
- Frost cupcakes with prepared frosting.
- Roll the frosted cupcakes into yellow coconut flakes, until coated evenly, look fluffy.
- For eyes, add brown baking bits.
- Cut orange gumdrops to resemble beaks, place on cupcakes.
- See pictures of the recipe above.
- Serve or storage in an air-tight container.