Basic Sushi Rice (#1260)
Share This Recipe
- 3 cups Rice calrose uncooked
- 3 cups Water
- 1/2 cup Japanese Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- Wash rice and rinse well. Add 3 cups water and cook in rice cooker.
- To cook on stove, bring rice to a boil in a covered saucepan.
- Simmer for 15 minutes. Remove pan from stove and let sit for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Mix together vinegar, sugar, and salt, and cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Cool. Place cooked rice in a large mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle half of vinegar sauce over the hot rice; mix gently. Taste.
- Add more vinegar sauce if desired. Makes 9 cups.
- All types of sushi can be made from this rice.