Almost Indian Chicken (#1258)
Curries Indian Chicken Poultry Main
Share This Recipe
- 24 oz Chicken Breast Halves (Boneless Skinless) cut in 1-inch cubes, about 4 breasts
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 piece Ginger fresh, (1-inch x 1-inch), cut in slivers
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 large Onions thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Cumin ground
- 1 tsp Coriander ground
- 1 tsp Parsley Flakes dried
- 1/2 tsp Curry Powder
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper freshly ground
- 1 cup Plain Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 2 tsp Tamari Soy Sauce
- In frypan, place olive oil and heat over medium temperature.
- Add chicken, ginger, garlic and onion; sauté about 10 minutes or until chicken is brown on all sides and onion is transparent.
- Meanwhile, in crockpot, place chicken broth (i used 1/2 cup warm water with 3 chicken bouillon cubes), cumin, coriander, parsley flakes, curry powder, and pepper.
- In a small separate dish, combine the cornstarch and soy sauce.
- When smooth, stir into the crockpot with the spice mixture.
- Add the browned chicken and onion mixture into the broth/spice mixture in crockpot.
- Gently stir in the yogurt.
- Set crockpot on low and cook for about 3 to 4 hours.