Lemon Butter Mousse (#1253)
Share This Recipe
- 1/3 cup Lemon Juice fresh
- 3 tablespoons Lemon Juice fresh
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest finely grated
- 1/4 oz Unflavored Gelatin unflavored
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 6 large Eggs separated, room temp.
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3 cups Powdered Sugar sifted
- 1/4 pound Butter unsalted, room temp.
- In a small heatproof bowl, stir together the 1/3 cup lemon juice and the lemon zest.
- Sprinkle on the gelatin and set aside to soften for 10 minutes.
- Set the bowl in a saucepan of hot water over low heat and stir to dissolve the gelatin.
- Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, whip cream until just stiff.
- Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- In a deep bowl, combine egg whites with the salt.
- Beat until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add 1 cup of the confectioners' sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- In another bowl, beat the butter until soft and fluffy.
- Add 1 cup of the confectioners' sugar and beat until smooth.
- One at a time, add the egg yolks, alternating with the dissolved gelatin and the remaining 1 cup confectioners' sugar.
- Continue to beat until smooth. Fold in one-third of the egg whites.
- Quickly but gently fold in the remaining egg whites.
- Beat the remaining lemon juice into the whipped cream and fold into the mousse.
- Turn into a serving dish or stemmed wine glasses, cover and refrigerate until chilled and set, about 3 hours.