Chocolate Mousse (#1251)
Chocolate Desserts Mousses
Share This Recipe
- 10 oz Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 large Egg Yolks
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 8 oz Bittersweet Chocolate
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- Whip the heavy cream to soft peaks.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs.
- Combine the sugar and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil for one minute.
- Slowly pour the sugar mixture over the yolks, constantly whisking, and beat mixture again.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a stainless steel bowl placed on top of a saucepan of simmering water.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and let cool until just warm.
- Fold in the egg mixture and then the whipped cream into the chocolate.
- Refrigerate the mousse until set, about two hours.
- Serve in a martini glass with a dollop of whipped cream and a mint leaf for garnish.