Roasted Asparagus with Sweet Onion (#1248)
Side Gluten Free Low Fat Vegetarian Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 Garlic finely chopped
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper to taste
- 1 pound Asparagus ends trimmed
- 1/2 large Sweet Vidalia Onions thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 450° f (230° c).
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, salt and black pepper to taste.
- Place the asparagus on a large baking sheet, drizzle 1 1 /2 tablespoons of garlic-oli mixture over the asparagus.
- Toss to evenly coat. Arrange the asparagus to a single layer.
- In a medium bowl, toss the onions with remaining garlic-oil mixture until evenly coated.
- Spread the onions on top of the asparagus.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 9 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle the vinegar over the vegetables.
- Continue to bake for another 4 minutes or so asparagus are fork tender, and onions are very soft.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a serving platter.
- Season with more salt and black pepper if needed.
- Serve warm.