Best Ever Blueberry Coffee Cake (Low Fat) (#1247)
Cakes Desserts Snacks Low Fat
Share This Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 8 oz Cream Cheese (Reduced-Fat) softened
- 1/4 cup Canola Oil
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter melted
- 2 tablespoons Applesauce unsweetened
- 1 cup Sugar if you have a sweeter tooth, add 1/4 cup extra sugar :)
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract pure
- 2 1/2 cups Blueberries fresh or frozen
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon ground
- Preheat oven to 350° f (180° c).
- Well grease a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan; set aside.
- In small bowl mix together flour, baking powder and salt with a fork; set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together cream cheese, canola oil, butter and applesauce until creamy and smooth, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the sugar, and keep whisking until well mixed.
- Add the eggs one at a time, whisking well after each adding.
- Add the vanilla extract, and whisk well.
- Add the flour, and stir with a wooden spoon until just incorporated and no dry spots remain.
- Very gently fold in blueberries, the batter will be very thick.
- Pour into the prepared baking pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- In small bowl with a fork mix together 3 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon.
- Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Serve warm, at room temperature or chilled.
- Note: The recipe can be easily scaled down, if you want to half the recipe, just use half amount of each ingredient, then bake in a well greased 8 by 8-inch baking pan for same amount of the time.