Coffee Streusel Bundt Cake with Coffee Glaze and Hazelnuts Topping (#1244)
Share This Recipe
For The Streusel
- 3 tablespoons Whole Wheat Pastry Flour or flour, all-purpose
- 3 tablespoons Brown Sugar dark
- 3 tablespoons Hazelnuts (Filberts) chopped
- 2 tablespoons Instant Coffee, Espresso powder
- 1 Tbsp Butter melted
For The Cake
- 1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour or white whole wheat
- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 cups Plain Yogurt low-fat, or sour cream
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter softened
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil light, or canola oil
- 2 cups Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 large Egg Whites
For The Glaze
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Coffee brewed
- 2 tablespoons Hazelnuts (Filberts) toasted and coarsely chopped, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°f.
- Butter and flour a 10-cup bundt pan or tube pan.
- For the streusel filling:
- Mix together 3 tablespoons each flour, brown sugar and hazelnuts, 2 tablespoons espresso powder and melted butter in a small bowl until well blended.
- For the cake:
- Add whole wheat pastry flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl, and whisk until well mixed.
- Pour the sour cream (or yogurt) and vanilla in a small bowl, and stir until well blended.
- Add butter, oil and sugar in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat on medium-high speed until well blended.
- Beat in eggs and egg whites, beating after each addition until just combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, beat in low speed, scraping down the sides, until just incorporated, moistened and no dry spot is left.
- Spoon half the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle evenly with the reserved coffee and nuts streusel filling.
- Scape the remaining batter over and smooth the top with a rubber spatula.
- Bake until a wooden stick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes on a wire rack, then remove from the pan and cool completely on the wire rack.
- For the glaze:
- Add powered sugar in a small bowl.
- Stir in coffee until smooth.
- Pour up to 1 tablespoon more of the liquid to thin the glaze to desired consistency if desired.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cake.
- Sprinkle toasted hazelnuts.
- Serve or keep it cover and refrigerate until ready to use.