Best Christmas Butter Cookies (#1243)
Cookies Desserts Christmas
Share This Recipe
- 1 cup Butter soft (real butter only)
- 2 tablespoons Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Cream butter until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar.
- Gradually stir in vanilla.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Blend in flour and salt.
- Mix well.
- Wrap dough and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Lightly flour a pastry cloth and rolling pin.
- Roll dough to about 1/8 inch thickness.
- Cut into desired shape.
- Place 1 inch apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350'c. For 10 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Cool, frost and decorate.
- Makes 5 dozen.