Blueberry Balsamic Chicken with Shallots (#1238)
Chicken Main Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 3/4 cup Fruit Jam blueberry
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper freshly ground
- 4 Chicken Breasts boneless, skinless, tenders removed
- 2 1/2 tsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Shallots chopped, about 3 large
- 1 1/2 tsp Thyme freshly minced
- Combine jam and vinegar in a small pan over medium-low heat.
- Cook, stirring often, until the jam is dissolved, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in salt and pepper and let cool slightly.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the sauce.
- Place chicken breasts and the rest of the sauce in a large sealable plastic bag.
- Seal and shake gently to coat.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shallots and thyme and cook, stirring often, until the shallots begin to soften, about 1 minute.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade (discard marinade).
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook until just beginning to brown, 2 minutes on each side.
- Add the reserved raspberry sauce; stir to melt the jam and coat the chicken.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the center, 6 to 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.