Mexican Chocolate Cookies (#1235)
Chocolate Cookies Desserts Snacks Christmas Holidays Mexican
Share This Recipe
- 5 oz Bittersweet Chocolate bittersweet (60% to 70%), coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Black Pepper dash
- 1 Cayenne Pepper dash
- 1 1/4 cups Sugar
- 1/4 cup Butter room temperature
- 1 large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350° f (180° c).
- Place chocolate in a small glass bowl; microwave on high (100% power) 1 minute or until almost melted, stirring until smooth. Cool to room temperature. Set aside.
- In small bowl, combine flour and seasonings and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat sugar and butter with electric mixer at medium speed until well blended, about 5 minutes.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Add cooled chocolate and vanilla; beat just until blended.
- Add reserved flour mixture; stir until combined.
- Drop dough by level teaspoons 2 inches apart on cookie sheets coated with vegetable oil spray.
- Bake in preheated oven 6 to 8 minutes or until almost set. Remove from oven.
- Cool on pans 2 minutes or until set. Remove from pans; cool completely on a wire rack.