Homemade Cupcakes and Buttercream Frosting (#1234)
Cakes Desserts Frostings
Share This Recipe
- 225 grams Cake Flour sifted
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 200 grams Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 large Eggs
- 16 oz Butter Cream Frosting 1 container, or your favorite frosting
- Sift the flour and baking powder three times into a small bowl. Set aside.
- Using an electric hand mixer beat the butter, sugar and vanilla together in a medium bowl.
- Beat until white and creamy. Add eggs one at a time and stir to combine.
- Next add flour mixture. Mix until combined but do not over mix.
- Now line a cupcake tin or muffin tin with paper cups (recipe makes 24 cupcakes).
- Pour batter into cups. Fill to about 2/3 full. Don’t over fill.
- Bake at 180c degrees for about 25 minutes.
- Cupcakes are ready when the top springs back when you touch it with your finger.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and let cool before decorating.
- When the cupcakes are cool, fill a pastry bag (piping bag) with the buttercream frosting and pipe onto the cake. (use star nozzle). I’ve done in the photo above.
- Serve and enjoy.