Fried Rice with Broccoli and Egg (#1231)
Stir Fries Low Fat Vegetarian
Share This Recipe
- 2 1/4 tsp Vegetable Oil divided
- 2 large Eggs well beaten
- 1 Yellow Onion chopped
- 4 Button Mushrooms or cremini, about 1 cups, sliced
- 2 medium Garlic Cloves crushed
- 1/2 inch Ginger peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 Sweet Red Bell Peppers cut into small cubes
- 1 small Carrots peeled and sliced
- 2 cups Broccoli Florets
- 1/4 cup Cilantro fresh,
- 2 cups Rice long-grain, cooked or left-ver
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Tamari Soy Sauce or to taste
- 1/2 Tbsp Vegetarian Oyster Sauce or regular oyster sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp Hot Chili Pepper Oil or to taste, sichuan or other kind
- 1/2 tsp Rice Vinegar or to taste
- 1 Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions sliced, for serving
- In a medium nonstick skillet, heat 1/4 teaspoon vegetable oil over medium heat until hot.
- Add beaten eggs, and cook without stirring for about 2 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- With a spatula turn the egg round over, and cook the other side for another 1 to 2 minutes until golden and slightly brown on the edges.
- Transfer the egg round onto a cutting board, half and thinly slice the cooked egg.
- Place on a plate and set side.
- Add the remaining oil into the same skillet, and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions, stirring constantly, and cook for 5 minutes until the onions are browned.
- Add the garlic, ginger and mushroom, stirring occasionally, and cook until the mushrooms are browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the bell peppers and carrots, and cook for about 2 minutes until tender but still crispy.
- Add the broccoli, and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, until all the veggies are tender.
- Stir in the cilantro and rice, mix well.
- Meanwhile whisk together all the sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour the sauce over and stir until well combined.
- Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes until heated through.
- You may adjust the seasonings if desired.
- Divide between two serving plates and top with scallions.
- Serve right away.