Chicken Noodle Soup (#1226)
Share This Recipe
- 3 1/2 pounds Whole Chicken cut up, skinned
- 2 medium Carrots peeled, chopped
- 1/2 cup Onions chopped
- 2 Celery Stalks chopped
- 2 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Parsley Flakes dried
- 3/4 tsp Marjoram dried
- 1/2 tsp Basil dried
- 1/4 tsp Poultry Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Bay Leaves
- 2 quarts Water
- 2 1/2 cups Egg Noodles uncooked
- Place the first 4 ingredients in a 3 1/2 quart slow cooker in the order listed.
- Combine salt and the next 6 ingredients, sprinkle over vegetables.
- Add 6 cups water, cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove chicken and bay leaf; add remaining 2 cups water.
- Stir in noodles and cook, covered, on high setting for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile remove bones from chicken and cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Add to slow cooker, stir to mix.
- Cook for 15 minutes on high setting, covered or until noodles are tender.