Basil Pesto Caprese Grilled Cheese Sandwich (#1218)
Sandwiches Lunch Vegetarian
Share This Recipe
- 8 slices Bread sandwich, prefer whole grain
- 4 tablespoons Basil Pesto basil, homemade or store-bought
- 4 slices Beefsteak Tomatoes about 1/4-inch thick
- 4 slices Mozzarella Cheese 1/4-inch, as same size as tomato slice, fresh or normal
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil for cooking
- Spread each slice of bread evenly with 1/2 tablespoon of basil pesto.
- Top flour slices with cheese slices, then place tomato slices over cheese.
- Top with remaining bread slices.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet until hot over medium heat.
- Add assembled sandwiches into skillet, cook until both sides are golden-brown and cheese melts, 4 to 6 minutes each side.
- Serve hot.