Shepherd's Pie (#1216)
Desserts Pies British Beef Main
Share This Recipe
- 1 Onions
- 2 tablespoons Butter or margarine
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1/2 pound Green Beans fresh or french style, package
- 1 Tomato Soup or sauce, can
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper
- 1 Italian Herbs oregano and thyme as desired
- 5 Potatoes boiled
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 Eggs beaten
- Preheat oven to 350° f (180° c).
- Brown onions in butter; add hamburger and continue browning.
- Drain; add tomato soup, and salt, pepper, oregano, and thyme, to taste.
- Place in greased 2 or 2 1/2 quart casserole.
- Partially cook green beans, and layer beans on top of meat in casserole.
- Mash potatoes and mix with milk and egg.
- Layer mashed potatoes on top of beans.
- Bake until top is brown and sides bubbling, approximately 30 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes and serve warm.