Grilled Summer Vegetable Salad with Cherry Tomatoes and Feta Cheese (#1215)
Grill/BBQ Low Fat Vegetarian Healthy Grill/BBQ
Share This Recipe
- 2 Small Zucchini slice into 1/2-inch slices lengthwise, or 1 medium
- 2 small Yellow Summer Squash slice into 1/2-inch slices lengthwise, or 1 medium
- 1 medium Red Onion peeled and quartered, leave the ends on
- 1 large Fennel Bulb tough layers removed, and fronds reserved, cut into large chunks
- 2 large Sweet Bell Peppers any color, seeded and cut into large chunksls
- 1 1/2 cups Cherry Tomatoes or grape tomatoes, halved
- 5 tablespoons Olive Oil divided
- 2 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar or raspberry vinegar
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper to taste
- 1 small Garlic Cloves minced
- 3/4 cup Feta Cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup Basil leaves, fresh and thinly sliced
- Preheat the grill.
- Line all the prepared vegetables onto large baking sheets.
- Brush with 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil on all sides, season with salt and pepper.
- Put on the grill, about 6 to 12 minutes, half way through the grilling, turn the vegetables once with tongs.
- Onions, zucchini and summer squash need 3 to 4 minutes per side; bell peppers need about 5 minutes per side; and the fennel needs about 6 minutes per side.
- Remove the grilled vegetables from the grill onto the baking sheets.
- Let cool enough to handle, cut them into slices, strips or larger pieces as you wish.
- While the vegetables are grilling, mix together the remaining olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper to taste in a large bowl.
- Add the grilled and sliced vegetables and feta cheese into the large bowl with dressing.
- Toss until well coated.
- Divide among the plates, sprinkle some freshly sliced basil leaves on top.
- Serve warm, room temperature or chilled.