Healthy Harvest Pumpkin Drop Cookies (#1214)
Cookies Desserts Nuts
Share This Recipe
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour or 1/2 white and 1/2 whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon ground
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Allspice ground
- 1/4 cup Butter softened
- 1/2 cup Canola Oil
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Sugar Substitute eg. splenda or use white sugar
- 1 cup Pumpkin Purée (Canned)
- 1 large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Pecans chopped
- 1 cup Dried Cranberries optional
- 36 Pecan Halves + or -
- Preheat oven to 375° f (190° c).
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and allspice in medium bowl.
- Beat using a stand or hand mixer the butter, oil, brown sugar and sugar replacement in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in pumpkin, egg and vanilla.
- Gradually add flour mixture.
- Beat at low speed until well blended.
- Stir in chopped pecans and cranberries with spoon.
- Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Flatten slightly with back of spoon.
- Press one pecan half into center of each cookie and push down slightly.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cookies stand on cookie sheets 1 minute; transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Store tightly covered at room temperature or freeze up to 3 months.
- Makes about 36 cookies note: If dried cranberries are not available, substitute raisins or currants.